Luxury Design And Craftsmanship Summit ’18, are you ready for the event of the year? Emerge into the experience of the luxury design and craftsmanship in this Summit with the major players of luxury and craftsmanship industries. Covet Group is behind the organization of this first edition of Luxury Design & Craftsmanship Summit and BRABBU, as part of the group, brings you today the full programme, so from 20th to 21st of June, Oporto, the best european travel destination, will be the city of the moment.
For two days, the best creative minds, designers, makers and brands, will discuss what is next and trend in the Luxury Design world. This event will bring you a new perspective and the most innovative practices of the luxury and design industries as the major players in the growth and elevation of Craftsmanship.
The opening event will be at Pavilhão Multiusos de Gondomar, designed by Pritzker Winners, Siza Vieira, with live showcases by master artisans of azulejo, wood, and other ancient crafts.
The first panel will focus on The Value of Craftsmanship for the Luxury World, with real case studies that translate the meaning of exclusivity and authenticity. This day will be closed by Gondomar’s Mayor, Marco Martins with a Port of Honor.
At the second day, two panels will be aboutDesign as driving force for Local Craftsmanship, a closer look into the rise of the Designer-Maker, a journey from the past towards a new cultural progress, to promote creativity and innovation, while respecting traditions and safeguarding heritage.
The closing panel Luxury Branding: the behind the scenes story will debate the relationship between the heritage techniques and its usage for the most recent marketing campaigns of leading luxury business brands.
More about the speakers:
- Michaelangelo Foundation, international non-profit entity that celebrates and preserves master craftsmanship and strengthens its connection to the world of design.
- Fundação Ricardo Espírito Santo Silva, foundation created with the aim of protecting and disseminating the Portuguese Decorative Arts and the handicrafts related to them.
- Luís Onofre, designer of luxury shoes and accessories and President of APICCAP
- Vista Alegre, the oldest porcelain factory in the Iberian Península
- Topázio, Portuguese company with more than 140 years of history, expert in the creation and production of unique designed hand-carved silver.
- Boca do Lobo, Portuguese brand of furniture-art design recognized for its unique and innovative design always hand-worked.
According to the organization, “A unique new Summit dedicated to exploring the increasingly crucial nexus between luxury and craftsmanship as essential components to inject a new verve into the design world.”
Take the opportunity to see the preview video here.
>> Would you like to know more about this and other ? Don’t forget to subscribe our newsletter and you will receive the lastest updates about all the events and news.